Hello there! I’m glad you found your way to One White Road!
Welcome to my new DIY and Lifestyle blog! Since this is my first post, there really isn’t a lot to see at the moment. But, I can give you a little preview of what you can expect in the days to come.
My House/My Home:
- Decorating: My house needs a complete refresh! I’ve been looking at Pinterest, blogs, and magazines hoping to get some great ideas that I can put my own twist on.
- Cleaning: I love to clean. I just wish it would stay clean! But oh well…people actually have the nerve to live in my clean house 😉
- DIY: Light and easy projects…I’m a bit afraid and clueless about power tools although my daughter says she’ll teach me!
- Entertaining: My house is the party house! I’m not sure why, but everyone wants to have their parties here.
YUM!! Who doesn’t love food! I’m so excited about this category. I’m even thinking of buying white dinner plates so my photos look great and the food is the star of the show.
- Recipes: I’m always on the lookout for new recipes to try — Sometimes I even go off-road and make up my own concoctions.
- Vegetarian recipes (my husband is vegetarian).
- Gluten free recipes (my mother in law eats gluten-free)
- and lots of other recipes for the rest of us!
- Cooking Tips: I’m learning more things about cooking every day and I’m happy to share as I learn!
- Paper Crafts: My Fave! I have been a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator for 8 years and I already have a paper crafting blog: The Secret Life of Paper. Check it out if you’d like some inspiration for card making. I also have and Etsy shop: AcarrdianCards where I sell some of my handmade creations.
- Home Decor Projects: A can of spray paint and some thrift store finds, who knows what I’ll come up with.
- Gift Ideas:
Life after 50
It surprises me that as you age, although many things change so much more stays the same. Proving that age really is just a number
- Fashion: What should I wear today? For some reason, that seems to be getting tougher to decide. I feel like my wardrobe had become drab and frumpy. Not the look I want to portray. I want to look fresh and in style without dressing like a teenager. Needless to say, I need a complete overhaul and you can join me while I figure it out.
- Health, Diet and Exercise: What is it about turning 50? The pounds really start to creep on. I really hate to exercise but without it — well, I gain weight if I even smell the food.
- Home and Family: We’re entering a new chapter in life. My husband’s getting ready to retire. We have two grandchildren. The two oldest daughters are out on their own, the next is in nursing school and the youngest is halfway through high school.
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed the little preview and you check back often to see what I’ve been up to!